Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I Shouldn't be suffering with age - Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

"If I were to say that there was no quality to my life, that would be an understatement; I merely existed."

It started about 20 years ago when I started to feel constantly tired and sick. I ached all over and encountered problems with my memory and concentration. I often forget what I wanted to say in mid-sentence. Simple tasks like paying bills or other administrative work became close to impossible. What drove me nuts was that I did not remember where I had placed my things just minutes before! I asked my physician if I might have Alzheimer's, but he just laughed at me.

In my early thirties the symptoms became so bad that I could not work anymore. Eventually, my doctor had to place me on disability pension - because I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS).

The biggest problem was that there was nothing I could take for relief. The only thing offered to me was Cortisone. I know what it does to my body so I refused. The only other thing was pain killers. But my body did not react well to it. Therefore, I had to endure the pain until I found another solution.

Recently, the symptoms became so bad that I could hardly do anything. I tried to read but never remembered what I was reading. There were many times I longed for death. If I were to say that there was no quality to my life, that would be an understatement; I merely existed.

For more info, please contact Pui San @+65 9817 8497 or ophira.yc@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment