Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I Shouldn't be suffering with age - Cataracts

""I'm very worried I would suffer from post surgery side effects and will not recover but yet, I have no choice."

My name is James, I am 57 years old and I live in Edison, New Jersey. I have always loved driving on road trips to visit friends and family all across the Eastern part of the United States.

I used to have good vision my whole life, but as I moved into my senior years, my vision began to slowly deteriorate. It got so bad, I was too nervous to drive at night anymore. I finally went to see my Ophthalmologist and was suddenly diagnosed with senile cataracts in both eyes. The doctor recommended surgery to remove the cataracts.

After some research, I discovered that 30-50% of all cataracts surgeries in the US develop posterior lens opacification within 24 months of the procedure and therefore require further surgical correction treatments. And about 3% of all cataract surgery cases have more serious complications such as a detached retina as a result of the surgery. I'm very worried I would suffer from post surgery side effects and will not recover but yet, I have no choice.

For more info, please contact Pui San @+65 9817 8497 or ophira.yc@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment